Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day

Yesterday was a great day. We let Daddy sleep in, then the kids gave him the presents they had made themselves. Afterward, he opened the gift from them that we had bought, Futurama (Season 1). I gave him the newest novel of the author he likes (White Witch, Black Curse by Kim Harrison). There is just something wonderful about hardcover books.

We had a relaxed day in general, watching Futurama. I cooked Artichoke Heart-Cheese Frittata and Tomato-Garlic Soup. I was amazed how much the kids liked artichokes (they'd never tried them before). The soup was so easy to make (I made a large batch so we could have some for lunch the next day). We were all stuffed.

The kids have been working really hard on the Scholastic Reading Challenge. Kayla is currently enjoying the first book in the Rowan Hood series. It has been hard to pry her away from it. I suspect I'll be making another trip to the library with her sometime this week to pick up the next book.

1 comment: