
I've been trying to simplify things here for so long, when it came down to actually thinking of something, I wasn't sure what to write about. But I was reminded of one that we are about to do right before my husband went to work.
Canceling our cable subscription. We live in an area where in order to watch any television at all, you need to have cable or satellite. We've decided to pay our bill and then cancel it. We've had times without it before, and it was nice. I do admit missing some shows, but life without television gets easier the longer you go without it. Besides, for those shows I actually do like watching, we could always watch them online.
What happens when there is no television to "entertain" us? We talk to each other. We play games together. We find better ways to be a family than to gather around a box that (at least in our household) uses more electricity than we ever used before we bought it.
I look forward to the slow down. My children are growing up so fast (my oldest is now only 2 inches shorter than I am), I would like to get to know them better and create lasting memories before they leave the nest.
What ways simplify your life? Share with us!
I love what you are doing. I am thinking it may be a great idea for us. We are getting rid of every extra online acct we can here.
ReplyDelete