Tuesday, June 7, 2011

{Tempt My Tummy Tuesday} Puffy Apple Omelet

Tempt my Tummy Tuesdays
I discovered this recipe a few days ago, and our family instantly fell in love with it. Initially, I made it for my spouse and me as a light dinner. But after we ate it, we just knew the kids would love this. So I quadrupled the recipe so it would serve 8 instead of 2 and here it is. The older kids got a chance to try this Sunday evening and were in heaven. I plan on making this at least once a week. Yum!

Serves 8

Ingredients:

3/4 cup all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)

8 eggs, separated

3/4 cup milk

1/4 cup lemon juice

3/4 cup sugar

Topping:

4 large tart apple, peeled and thinly sliced

1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon sugar

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

  • In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt if desired. In a small bowl, whisk the egg yolks, milk, and lemon juice. Stir into dry ingredients and mix well; set aside.
  • In another bowl, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form. Fold into yolk mixture.
  • Pour into a large shallow baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange apple slices on top. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over apples.
  • Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve immediately.
Photo Credit: Living the Call

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful breakfast dish, perfect for a crowd, which I have often. Thank you for sharing and have a great week.
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds so yummy! I am going to bookmark this recipe to use when apples are on sale here. I wanted to invite you to come over and share your recipe at These Chicks Cooked Recipe Spotlight today. Have a great day :)
    Katie

    ReplyDelete