Wednesday I cleaned out and organized the drawers in the kitchen, as well as cleaning out the glass cupboard. I found myself hovering in the kitchen doing other things as well. Scraping the stove...soaking the grease off the filter from the vent. I found myself following behind Kayla and cleaning the counters as she did the dishes. Have you ever had an area so perfect and you want to keep it that way? Yeah. Its like that.
Today I'm going to detail wash the kitchen floor. Yeah, yeah...who wants to hear about all the cleaning, I know. Motivation can be a problem when you have so many other things to do (or would rather do). I've learned to keep going when I do have motivation because you never know how long it will last. *laugh*
I also enjoy making lists. Seeing what I've done in list form is just plain satisfying to me. I'm not the only one with that feeling...right?
Cleaning isn't the only thing going on today, though. My oldest child, Melody, is graduating from 8th grade this evening. Time flies way too fast. I remember a short time after she was born, I was just staring at her. She was so tiny and round. My mind fluttered between present and the future. She was taking her first steps, going to her first dance, learning to drive, getting married. Oh man, I get teary again just thinking about it. I get the privilege of sharing her life with her. I am so blessed to have her.
No comments:
Post a Comment