Sunday, April 19, 2009

Day 5

Today was hard. It is hard to edify someone who says things that hurt you. I tried to think of the best thing about my husband and to let the hurtful things go. I'm not lying when I say it was not easy.

To avoid saying a hurtful thing to him, I chose to keep my words to myself. I didn't want my negative thinking to hurt him. Today I was to edify him, but I think in a way I failed in that. I do not think he felt edified. While I said positive things about him to others, if he doesn't feel built up, it is all for naught.

I did not marry him because he was perfect. I married him because I love him just the way he is. I do not want that to change. He is practical when I am not. He is logical when I am not. He can think clearly when I am too emotional. We balance each other out. Yin and Yang.

Regardless of what goes on in a day, at the end of the day I love him more than I did when I woke up. It shall always be so.

2 comments:

  1. Love this one, I was just speaking with my daughter, we constantly have to give of ourselves regardless what others do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with this. Love is about what we give not what we get. I am proud that you stuck it through even though it was hard

    ReplyDelete