Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Tempt My Tummy Tuesday...Macaroni and Cheese Pizza


I found this recipe a few days ago. I remember eating something like this at my parents' home some time ago and it was yummy. I remember thinking just how much the kids would get a kick out of this. I think I'm going to make this this week (omitting the mushrooms for Adam, of course).
  • 8 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 3/4 cup chopped onion
  • 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
  • 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
  • 28 pepperoni slices
  • 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the eggs; stir in cheddar cheese and macaroni.
Spread onto a greased 14-in. pizza pan. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in pizza sauce.
Spread over macaroni crust. Sprinkle with mushrooms, pepperoni and Mexican cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before slicing.

Yield:
6-8 servings.

4 comments:

  1. My kids love macaroni and cheese pizza. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recipe and linking up to Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds YUMMY!!! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete