Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Tempt My Tummy Tuesday...Pizza Pancakes


I'm not sure if you've noticed yet, but I like making kid-friendly meals. This one combines two of my children's favorite things: pizza and pancakes.

Pizza Pancakes
Servings: 7

  • 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
  • 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
  • 1/2 cup chopped pepperoni
  • 1/2 cup chopped plum tomatoes
  • 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
  • 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce, warmed
In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix and Italian seasoning. Combine eggs and milk; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the cheese, pepperoni, tomatoes and green pepper.

Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until the second side is golden brown. Serve with pizza sauce.

Yield: 14 pancakes.

2 comments:

  1. This is a nice recipe I think I will have to try it toot sweet

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the kid friendly-ness to this, my almost 6 yr old daughter loves to get in the kitchen w me, we will have to try these one day!

    ReplyDelete