When I first became a parent, I thought in order to be a good mother, I needed all the latest baby doodads. I had the diaper genie and the boppy. I had the stroller and carseat combo. And if I didn't have it, I thought I needed it. Why didn't they think of sleep positioners sooner, I had thought.I soon realized, though, that I didn't need anything fancy. I never used the baby bathtub. It was much easier to take a bath or shower with my child. Not to mention without wasting space storing something I'd never use.
I didn't use the diaper genie for very long because it was much easier to just take out the trash more often, or EVEN BETTER to cloth diaper my baby instead. It wasn't much more energy to wash diapers than it was to waste the money on something that always gave my child a rash.
I eventually even stopped using the stoller for almost everything, except when my back really needed the break. I started wearing my baby instead. I even breastfeed at the same time.
It has been one of the better things I've done to simplify my life.What do you do to simplify your life? What do you want to do? What are you planning to do to make a simple change that will make a big difference? Write about it on your blog, read the details here, then come link up with us. If you don’t have a blog, leave a comment letting us know how you live simply!
| 1. Heather |
Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.
I am Heather and I am the mom to 6. Today I spun my own yarn
ReplyDelete