Monday, April 27, 2009

Serving Others Sunday...late edition

I'm way late. I've been recovering from service. There is so many things that happened, but I think I will try and stay specific.

We (my oldest two children, Heather, and her oldest daughter) spent two days working to change locks and cleaning up my local synagogue. There had been an unfortunate incident which left the Rabbi needing these things, and we were happy to help. I only wish we could have done more.

I learned of individuals in need of food, and took them some milk and eggs. I plan to call on them hopefully later this week to see if there is anything else I could do, even if it is just going over to visit. My girls and I enjoy talking to them (I also suspect my girls also like the candy and soda they offer when we visit).

What did you do to stretch beyond your door this past week?

2 comments:

  1. We could not have succeeded without you. I feel blessed to have you and your family in our lives..

    Thank you again for all of your help and support through a sometimes difficult time

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure you would have succeeded, but I am glad to have been able to help. We are always here for you.

    ReplyDelete